Oculus Rift Start Guide
A Quick Start Guide To Playing VR Videos on Oculus Rift Headset.
Affected headset: Oculus Rift
Affected operating systems: Windows 10+
This document will guide you through the process of setting up your Oculus Rift environment to play VR videos.
This guide consists of 5 steps:
- 1. Setup the Oculus Rift Environment
- 2. Download and install a VR video player compatible with the Oculus system
- 3. Download a video to your PC
- 4. Use the VR video player to play the video
- 5. Enjoy the experience
For detailed instructions please read further.
1. Setup the Oculus Rift Environment
Make sure your PC is compatible with the Oculus Rift. You can find a list of recommended specs here. Download the install package from oculus.com/setup and go through the installation wizard. The install package will automatically detect and configure all the equipment.
2. Download and install a VR video player compatible with the Oculus system
You can use a VR video player compatible with Oculus of your choice. We recommend the following:
- 1. BaDoinkVR Player (strongly recommended) - our homebrew Oculus VR video player designed specifically to work with our videos.
- 2. Autoplay VR - AutoplayVR is a smart VR video player all on autopilot. Sit back, relax and enjoy the flight!
- 3. Whirligig - reliable VR video player compatible with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and OSRV.
To install the BaDoinkVR Player download the installation file BaDoinkVR_installation.exe (69Mb) to your PC and go through the installation process. For more detailed instructions for (2) and (3) please refer to the official websites of both players.
3. Download a video to your PC
We try to optimize our videos for every display available, all you have to do is select the right one. Oculus users should select the Vive / Oculus HQ - 60fps.
4. Use the VR video player to play the video
If you use our BadoinkVR player, launch the player and drag and drop the downloaded file into the BaDoinkVR Player window. The playback will start automatically. The video controls will be displayed both on the headset's display and on the PC monitor in the BadoinkVR window.
5. Enjoy the experience
We are working hard to improve our performance and provide you with the best experience possible.
Please help us to make it happen.
Sorry about that. How can we improve it?